Employment of a foreigner from Ukraine 2020 – how to do it?
The number of employees from other countries, mainly from Ukraine, has been increasing in Poland for several years. Entrepreneurs who want to employ foreigners should remember about the obligation to complete several important formalities. Below we will describe the procedures for employing a foreigner from Ukraine in 2020. Sanctions can be expected if the formalities are not completed. The most important issue is the submission of an application for a foreigner’s employment permit. However, there are some exceptions to this rule.
Employment of a foreigner from Ukraine 2020 – step by step
Employment of a foreigner from Ukraine should start with a visit to the employment office competent for the poviat in which the company wishing to employ a foreigner is registered. In the case of a sole proprietorship, at the office competent for the place of residence of the owner.
There are exceptions to the rule described above when:
- the person to be employed is a foreigner from a country other than: Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Armenia or Georgia,
- the person has already used 180 days of work in the last 12 months for other employers. In such a situation, you must collect a type A work permit. It is available at the voivodeship office. Such permission allows an employee from Ukraine to obtain an annual visa and thus take up work on its basis,
- a citizen of Ukraine arrives as part of a visa-free regime. You can hire such a person for 3 months by submitting a statement.
When we already have a statement from the employment office on the employment of a foreigner, a contract should be signed with a future employee or contractor. (the employment contract or contract of mandate must be consistent with the statement made at the office).
It is also worth obtaining a tax identification number for a foreigner working in our company from Ukraine. Just complete the NIP-7 or ZAP-3 form. The deadline for reporting an employee to ZUS is 7 days.
It is also good to help the employee in completing the formalities related to the report in Poland, choosing a family doctor, opening a bank account. That’s what Staff Selection can do.
Employment of a foreigner from Ukraine in 2020
By employing a foreigner from Ukraine, I often get a qualified specialist, which is lacking in many industries. Ensuring professional staff is a big challenge. Therefore, it is worth considering employing a foreigner from Ukraine in 2020.
Many companies currently use the wave of emigrants from the East and employ citizens from Ukraine and other Eastern European countries. Thanks to simple procedures, it is an economical and quick solution. Without major formalities, a Ukrainian citizen can work in Poland for 90 days.
A Polish employer employing a foreigner from Ukraine in 2020 has the same obligations towards him as to a Polish citizen, in terms of:
- report an employee to the Social Insurance Institution and regularly pay contributions;
- pay due salary for work performed or commissioned;
- paying income tax advances;
- compliance with the provisions of the Labor Code.
It should be borne in mind that the employer who employs a foreigner from Ukraine residing illegally in Poland in 2020, is subject to criminal liability. The penalty is up to 3 years imprisonment or a fine of up to PLN 10,000.